Monday, February 14, 2011

Down But Not Out




About two weeks ago I was hit by a car. Despite the violent nature of the accident(t-boned by a Range Rover), I somehow walked away from it more or less unscathed. I suffered a concussion and damaged knee, which resulted in some back/neck pain, and headaches in the days following the accident. Although I am just now feeling up to running and swimming, I count myself as fairly lucky- all things considered. The same cannot be said for my bike, my beloved Orbea. I rode the Orbea for about 2 and a half years, and the bike had taken me on great rides not just at home in AZ, but across several states in the Union. I had upgraded just about everything except the drivetrain, and had it tuned just right. Now, I face the challenge of finding a suitable replacement. In all honesty, it will likely be an upgrade from a technical standpoint, but I absolutely loved the way that bike moved underneath me. Comfortable enough for a long day in the saddle, lively enough to take you to the finish line in a hurry. RIP Orbea, you will be missed!


No comments:

Post a Comment