Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Project

I've been tossing around the idea of building up a tandem cruiser for some time now, and have come close to pulling the trigger on one multiple occasions. Its not for lack of bikes, but I have always had a special fondness for the vintage tandems you occasionally see locked up outside coffee shops, or hanging idly in a friends garage. Since I have no terrible need for a tandem, I had all but put the idea out of my mind when, all of the sudden, an old Schwinn Twinn frame popped up on Craigslist. Now, I have never been good with avoiding impulse buys, but having done some research into the going rate of vintage tandems, I knew I had found a keeper. Although race season currently preoccupies my bicycle budget, my new, yellow Schwinn Twinn will patiently sit in a position of honor in the garage, patiently waiting to be restored to its prior glory! I will be sure to post updates as the project progresses, but in the mean time check out this cool website devoted to all things schwinn!

No comments:

Post a Comment