Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Product Review: Lazer Genesis RD


Over the past several years, I have spent an inordinate- some may argue excessive, amount of my income on bicycle parts and apparel. Some purchases were admittedly rather frivolous novelties such as the vintage aerobars, or the Nishiki pursuit bike. Others break my bank, but end up being a fantastic use of oh-so scarce college funds. One such example is my Lazer Genesis RD helmet; I've ridden in my Lazer for about 8 months, and it is by far the best helmet I've ever worn. Whether wearing a cycling cap as I often do, or simply wearing it with a pair of sunglasses, the Lazer's roll-lock retention system easily adjusts on the fly. Styling wise, it seems to be one of the better looking helmets out there; it doesn't help that the Lazer is more unique than the Giros, Bells, and Specialized helmets you frequently see on the roads. For those a little more budget minded, the Lazer O2 comes with the same roll-lock system and classy Lazer styling, but at a more reasonable $100-$120 pricetag. The Lazer Genesis retails for about $170, but for those looking for a little more bling, the Lazer Helium has the same styling with a few additional carbon bits. That said, if the Genesis is good enough for professional cyclist Liz Hatch, its good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment